2019-2020 Leadership Academy
Thank you for applying to the UNICON Leadership Academy, which begins in November 2019.
The UNICON Leadership Academy is an eight-month development program designed specifically for university-based executive education professionals seeking to transition into leadership roles within member schools. The Academy is designed for individuals seeking T-shaped leadership development within the Executive Education industry and Director-level leaders, with two years of University experience.
At the core of the Academy is a four-day immersion structured around the annual team conference that, this year, will take place at Santa Clara University (Santa Clara, California, USA) on November 19-22. The flexible format blends online virtual content with face to face immersions and conference experience.
The Leadership Academy registration fee of $850 includes the Leadership Academy in-person sessions (with lunch and coffee breaks) on Tuesday, November 19th (8:00 am to 5:00 pm) followed by a reception with the UNICON Board and Board Emeritus, Wednesday, November 20th (8:00 am to 12:00 pm) and Friday, November 22nd, (1:00 to 4:00 pm). Virtual job shadowing and mentoring, individual development planning and peer to peer coaching will take place in a series of webinars January-June, 2020.
Please note that the above fee does not include the Team Development Conference and hotel accommodations. You must register/pay for the Team Development Conference and your hotel accommodations separately through the UNICON/Santa Clara University registration process.
To complete your application, please provide the information and items requested below, including 3 documents prepared for upload, in PDF format. If these items are not ready for upload, you may exit this application and return when these items have been prepared:
- Current Resume / CV
- Letter of Recommendation
- Essay addressing the following points:
- Describe your executive education experience.
- What attracted you to executive education and why do you want to continue in this field in a University setting?
- What are your ultimate goals and how do you see a program like the UNICON Leadership Academy enhancing your growth?
- What do you see as the biggest challenge for University-based executive education?
- How do you see your future role in the industry and “tackling” these challenges?