Job Number: 493972
Quinnipiac University invites applications for an exciting opportunity as Director of Lifelong Learning.
The Director of Lifelong Learning advances Quinnipiac’s commitment to building the university of the future by developing and implementing Quinnipiac’s approach to lifelong learning.
Recognizing Quinnipiac University’s Strategic Plan as well as the current pivotal time of increased national and global demand regarding flexible and dynamic work environments, the Director of Lifelong Learning reports to the Provost and will collaborate with deans and leaders across the University to foster innovative approaches that leverage the strengths of faculty and staff in the development and delivery of lifelong learning.
The Director will interface with community and business leaders to identify and develop flexible, effective learning solutions that serve professional career needs and opportunities and evolve with marketplace demand. The Director will also lead efforts to increase the availability of certificates and badges for existing students as they progress toward degree.
The Director will actively solicit, create and scale resources across schools and departments and serve as a conduit to engage Quinnipiac University expertise to meet internal and external needs and opportunities, including those of badging, certifications, and ongoing professional development.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls 7,000 full-time undergraduate and 3,000 graduate and part-time students in 100 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing and College of Arts and Sciences.
Quinnipiac consistently ranks among the top regional universities in the North in U.S. News & World Report‘s America’s Best Colleges issue. Quinnipiac also is recognized in Princeton Review‘s The Best 380 Colleges. Quinnipiac has been named a Great College to Work For as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit www.qu.edu.
An education at Quinnipiac embodies the University’s commitment to preparing graduates for 21st century careers and citizenship, creating an inclusive, excellence-driven community, nurturing and positively impacting internal, local and global communities and fostering lifelong connections and success.
The University believes in educating a diverse student body to become valued and contributing members of their communities through vital and purposeful educational programs. Students engage with real-world issues through practice and considering different perspectives. The University’s innovative curriculum further prepares undergraduate and graduate students to understand their roles and responsibilities as members of the Quinnipiac community as well as the larger national and global communities.
- Develop a university-wide strategy and approach to offer lifelong learning
- Lead strategic efforts to grow continuing and professional educational offerings that anticipate and respond to learning needs in business, organizations, and communities
- Collaborate with deans, chairs, and faculty on the strategy and approach (including building systems, recommending and implementing policies) to professional credit and noncredit certificates, badges, pre-professional and professional development, and training/courses
- Oversee the innovation, development, curation, execution, assessment, and continuous improvement of training programs/courses.
- Conduct regular environmental scans for current and potential needs to better anticipate and meet workforce development trends.
- Develop and consult with an advisory committee to create new and innovative opportunities and programs
- Assure a climate and culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned
- Master’s Degree required
- 5+ years of experience in higher education or closely related field
- Deep familiarity with the competitive landscape of professional, adult, and online education, including programs offered by higher education and for-profit providers in local, regional, and global markets
- Familiarity and creativity about how badges and certificates can be used to increase distinction and student success in academic programs
- Experience in designing, planning, producing, and delivering programs and courses
- Experience in developing business strategy and making data-driven decisions, with a track-record in developing and translating market research into successful programs
- Ability to connect with C-suite executives
- Ability to evaluate and redesign processes, structures, and incentives as needed to facilitate a successful and effective learning environment
- Working knowledge of customer relationship management (CRM) packages and badging software.
- Excellent and effective interpersonal, verbal communication, and writing skills
- Demonstrated record of leadership, collaboration, and organizational abilities
- Financial and analytical acumen for budget management, enrollment planning and forecasting, and operational efficiency
- Ability to catalyze cross-unit participation and to build support for a common-projects
- Demonstrated ability to work with diverse populations and a commitment to diversity and inclusion
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a résumé, cover letter addressing how your experience supports the requirements of this position and Quinnipiac’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Additional information and Application link:
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit https://www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.