Dear fellow UNICON Members,
It is a pleasure and a privilege to send you this note as the newly elected Chair of UNICON – an organization that has been near and dear to my heart for more than 25 years. It’s been that long since I joined the executive education department at UNC’s Kenan-Flagler Business School. During that time I’ve seen a multitude of changes take place in our industry. My passion in this new role is to help UNICON and our member schools prepare for the continued evolution of university-based executive education in the future.
First, let me say that UNICON is in a really terrific place. We have a record number of member schools, our engagement with those members is at an all-time high, and our future plans are very exciting. Second, I’m convinced that the need for UNICON – an organization that can enhance the important work our members do every day – is greater than ever.
The UNICON Board just wrapped up a very successful strategic retreat. I’d like to share with you a few of the observations and commitments that emerged from that retreat:
- UNICON will continue to support our core values by enhancing the effectiveness of university-based providers, creating additional forums for interaction, developing new products and services, and building alliances.
- We want to strategically shape our conversation in conferences, webinars, research and other formats, systematically, intentionally and aggressively.
- We want to move outside our “echo chamber” and engage the market and customer base.
- We intend to enhance our member engagement.
- We want to ensure we deliver value to the individual member.
- We want to be open to collaborations with outside organizations that share our interest.
The Board is working hard to create a more robust consortium that recognizes industry trends and delivers prescient products and services to its membership. We have a full calendar for the coming year, loaded with timely webinars, an upcoming Team Development Conference hosted by Tecnologico de Monterrey, an April Directors’ Conference hosted by BI Norwegian Business School, and our 2017 Membership Survey, to mention a few.
I welcome your feedback on UNICON’s priorities and initiatives. I invite you to get involved in UNICON by visiting our website, attending conferences, or volunteering to serve on one of our committees. Above all, I wish you a very informed and prosperous 2017-2018.