This “Policy Statement” applies to the non-profit International Consortium for Executive Education, also known by its acronym “UNICON”, incorporated in the state of New Jersey, USA.
UNICON is based in the United States. We provide information services globally using computer systems, servers, and databases located in the U.S. When you use our services from outside of the U.S., your information will therefore be transferred to, stored in, and processed in the U.S. Data is collected, stored, used, and shared as set forth elsewhere in this statement.
The European Commission has determined that the transfer of personal information of its residents outside of Europe must be subject to a legal framework that adequately protects it. We transfer personal information of European Economic Area (“EEA”) and Swiss residents to the U.S. (or elsewhere) based upon the following legal frameworks:
- Legitimate business interests: We could not provide our services or comply with our obligations to you without transferring your personal information to the U.S.
- Consent: We may transfer your personal information when we receive your express, revocable consent.
- Our use of Standard Contractual Clauses where appropriate.
We comply with the European Union’s General Data Protection Law (“GDPR”), which governs the protection of personal data of EU residents. To find out more about GDPR, please visit the European Union’s website, at https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection_en .
EU users have the rights to: opt out of cookies using user browser settings; access, correct, delete, restrict or object to our use of their personal information; be forgotten; and data portability.
We enable exercise of these rights through our products (which we reserve the right to modify). For example, we allow users to change their information, view and download posts, webinars, written and recorded materials, and close their accounts. We also fulfill our obligations in response to direct requests.
If you require assistance, please contact our Executive Director. Contact information can be found at the end of this document. .We may require additional information from you to fulfill your requests. We may charge a reasonable fee if your request imposes an unreasonable cost on us.
We will afford UK-based users with all rights available to EU users, regardless of the UK’s EU member status.
Controllers and Processors
Some laws, including the GDPR, differentiate between controllers and processors of data. A “controller” has a direct relationship with you and exercises control over the use of your data. The third-party vendors that help a controller provide a service are considered “processors” because they process the controller’s customer data at the controller’s request (examples are payment processors, social media websites and cloud-based hosting providers).
UNICON is a controller of personal information on users who register to receive our newsletter, use our secure user database, view our website, attend our conferences or view posted material on processor sites.
Current processors associated with UNICON :
- Athru Services – (authoring services) http://www.athruservices.com/
- Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin (Social Media Authentication)
- Google (Advertising, Analytics, Notifications, Office Software and Cloud Storage) https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Dropbox (cloud storage) https://www.dropbox.com/privacy
- Mailchimp (e-mail services) https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
- LogMeIn (webinars) https://www.logmeininc.com/legal#popup
- Network Solutions, Web.com (website host) https://assets.web.com/legal/English/PrivacyPolicy.pdf
- Percept Research (surveys, research projects) https://www.perceptresearch.com
- Schneider & Associates – (website and database design agency) https://www.schneiderpr.com/privacy-policy/
- YouTube (media host) https://policies.google.com/privacy
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
This document fulfills the requirements of CalOPPA.
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our site anonymously.
- You can change your personal information by contacting us (details below)
How does our site handle Do Not Track signals?
We honor Do Not Track signals and Do Not Track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Data Protection Officer
For any questions, inquiries, or complaints, please contact us at:
140 Interlachen Lane
Tonka Bay, Minnesota 55331
last updated: 05/26/2018